:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Away Mission 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
James T. Kirk
Captain

PostSubject: Away Mission 2   Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:35 am

Jim, Pock, and two security agents were beamed down to secure the area. Something tickled the back on Jim's senses, but he ignored it in favor of looking around. A sound from behind them had him spinning, phaser drawn.

He looked at the creature that stepped out. Blood matted the fur around it's muzzle. It lunged, and he shot at it. It did nothing more than make it angry. It's body hit the Security Officer, and it was obvious the weight of the creature broke the man's back.

"Run!" he yelled, already taking off.

Commander Pock
First Officer

PostSubject: Re: Away Mission 2   Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:34 pm

"A sound plan, Captain," Pock quipped. She took off after Jim, matching his pace easily, challenging him to match her own as she cut in front of him. The creature was behind them, snarling into the wind, massive white claws kicking up dirt as it ran. Its eyes were bright yellow and filled with a primal, unforgiving rage.

Her eyes scanned the horizon before them.

"There!" she cried, gesturing to a cave above 30 feet in front of them. The mouth was big enough for them, but far too small for the massive beast. "Jim, in there!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
James T. Kirk
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Away Mission 2   Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:39 pm

Even though they were running for their lives, Jim couldn't help but feel a stab of affection for the Vulcan running ahead of him. He sped up slightly, realizing that the creature was gaining on them. The surviving security officer stumbled and the creature, whatever it was, pounced. Jim winced and cursed mentally as he and Pock ran for the cave she pointed out. They dived in the entrance.

"Well, that went well," Jim quipped, moving back into the cave so the creature, whatever the hell it was, couldn't reach in with a giant paw and grab them.

Commander Pock
First Officer

PostSubject: Re: Away Mission 2   Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:48 pm

"Better than usual," Pock replied dryly. She scooted back just as Jim had, and took a moment to survey him. He seemed okay, albeit a bit out of breath. Good. That was best.

Thinking on her feet, she unclipped her comm. The machine received only static.

"We cannot contact the Enterprise, it appears," Pock sighed. "How predictable."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James T. Kirk
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Away Mission 2   Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:56 pm

Jim sighed as well. "Should have known. This happens every fucking time. Starfleet needs to get us better comms., I swear. We should put Scotty on that. Remind me to do that when we get back to the ship." His eyes trailed over her, checking to make sure that she was alright. He didn't see anything wrong.

"You okay?"

Commander Pock
First Officer

PostSubject: Re: Away Mission 2   Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:02 pm

"If we get back on the ship," Pock said coldly. She eyed the area around them. When he inquired as to her status, she turned to meet his eyes, nodding in acknowledgment of his obvious concern. "I am acceptable, Captain. How do you evaluate your present status?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
James T. Kirk
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Away Mission 2   Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:14 pm

"When we get back to the ship," Jim said. One of them had to be an optimist right now, and it obviously wasn't going to be Pock.

He shrugged. "I'm fine. I'd like to get back to the ship and tell Starfleet that there's a big monster roaming the place, but other than that, I'm fine." There was a pause as they heard the roaring of the monster as it started to walk away. It came back to the entrance of the cave and laid down. "Got a plan on how to get out of here?"

Commander Pock
First Officer

PostSubject: Re: Away Mission 2   Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:19 pm

Pock's mind reeled with possibilities. They could - no, that wouldn't work. 86.6% chance of failure. Or they could - 66% chance of failure, that wouldn't do either. She bit the inside of her lip in intense concentration. Her eyes flitted from corner to corner, taking in the minute details of their situation.

"I believe," Pock said after a moment, "I do. The creature, if you will observe, seems to be tired. I have no doubt that it will sleep soon. If I can make my way to the top of the rock formation to the Northwest without waking the creature, I believe I will have adequate service to contact the ship."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James T. Kirk
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Away Mission 2   Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:20 pm

Jim immediately shook his head. "No. I don't think so. It's still too dangerous. What if it wakes up and sees you? No."

Commander Pock
First Officer

PostSubject: Re: Away Mission 2   Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:22 pm

"All other options," Pock reminded him, "have over a fifty percent chance of failure, and are therefore rendered illogical to pursue. This has only a 46% chance of failure, resulting in the demise of only one member of our party should it go wrong. Also, I am trained in the Vulcan art of silent movement, thereby lessening my chances of detection. This has been calculated into the previously stated statistical figure."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
James T. Kirk
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Away Mission 2   Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:28 pm

He shook his head again. "That's still too high of a percentage. I don't want to lose the best officer on my ship to some creature we know nothing about."

He didn't know if she heard the underlying I don't want to lose you. However, they were still on the mission, and he had to at least pretend to be professional. They weren't in the safety of his or her quarters.

Commander Pock
First Officer

PostSubject: Re: Away Mission 2   Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:31 pm

"And if we remain here, there is a very high chance that the Enterprise will lose both its First Officer and its captain," Pock replied. "You and I both know that you cannot survive the conditions of this planet at night. Night is approximately 3 hours away. Therefore, we are operating on a strict schedule."

She met his eyes defiantly, communicating that she had already made up her mind. "This is the right course of action, Captain, and I believe you are aware of that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James T. Kirk
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Away Mission 2   Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:49 pm

Jim shook his head, just as obstinate as his partner. "No. I won't allow you to do this."

Commander Pock
First Officer

PostSubject: Re: Away Mission 2   Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:52 pm

Pock's eyes were determined and rebellious, like a disobedient child in the face of an unwanted bedtime. "Are you forbidding me for a logical reason as my captain," Pock growled icily, "or for a personal reason as my romantic partner? Because my romantic partner does not allow me to do anything, and my Captain should only forbid me a logical and potentially life-saving course of action because of a valid argument against it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James T. Kirk
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Away Mission 2   Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:00 pm

"I'm denying your request, Commander, as your commanding officer," he growled back, just as icily. "Your position on the ship is far too valuable to lose." A pause. "As your romantic partner, I don't want you to do it either, because, dammit, Pock, I love you!"

He stopped. Oh god. Had that really slipped out?

Commander Pock
First Officer

PostSubject: Re: Away Mission 2   Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:02 pm

Pock's eyes widened, and her lips parted as a stunned silence spread in between them, tense and crackling with electricity. He had said... but had he meant it? This was Jim Kirk, and she was Pock, and could this truly, honestly be real?

"Jim..." she breathed, her voice soft. It trailed off, leaving a silence in its wake just as tense as the one before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James T. Kirk
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Away Mission 2   Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:09 pm

She trailed off, and he met her gaze. "I mean it," he said, voice soft. "I love you. And I don't want to lose you. In either a professional or personal capacity."

Commander Pock
First Officer

PostSubject: Re: Away Mission 2   Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:13 pm

His eyes were so strong, filled with certainty as he spoke. Certainty and love. Love. He loved her. He was only the second person in her life ever to tell her that, after her mother, and the word was so foreign to her ears that it took her a moment to register the weight of it. She let it press against her chest and push her breath away, just for a moment. Just for right now.

He loved her, and she was absolutely certain in that moment that she felt the same.

"Jim," she repeated, her voice a whisper. She stepped closer to him in the dark of the cave. Her hands reached up and gripped each side of his face, pulling him down gently and pressing her lips to his. The kiss was somehow soft and desperate at the same time, and when it broke, she rested her forehead against his. "I love you too."

Pock made up her mind.

"I love you too," she repeated quietly, "and that's why I have to do this."

Her hand moved to his neck, and she pinched him in just the right place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James T. Kirk
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Away Mission 2   Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:36 pm

Jim responded to the desperate kiss, not quite sure what was happening. "Pock..." he murmured.

The next think he knew was pain, interlaced with anger as she nerve pinched him into unconsciousness.

Commander Pock
First Officer

PostSubject: Re: Away Mission 2   Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:51 pm

Pock caught him as his body slumped, gently lowering him to the cave ground as he faded into unconsciousness. "My apologies," she murmured as she sat him down. "It was necessary." She took a moment to study his face, then she pressed a light kiss to his forehead. "I meant what I said as well, ashayam," she whispered. "I love you."

With that, she departed the cave, taking extra care to be silent. She shook her head slightly as she did.

The things I do for love.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Away Mission 2   

Back to top Go down

Away Mission 2
Page 1 of 1